Friday, October 31, 2008

Thunderbird's Fiesta Resort & Casino in Binangonan, Rizal

Twenty kilometers east of Metro Manila lies Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal, a luxurious mountain retreat perched 210 feet above sea level on a highland valley south of the Sierra Madre mountain range in Binangonan, Rizal. The 43-room international hotel offers top-notch services and amenities for social & corporate functions.

A short 45-minute drive from the City's major commercial areas will bring you to the property, which offers breathtaking views of the Laguna Bay during the daytime and the Manila skyline at nighttime.

Adjacent to Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is a par 72, 18-hole championship golf course from the Eastridge Golf Club.

Inside the property is the world-class Fiesta Casino, open for your leisure and gaming needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Whether it's a challenging round of golf, a relaxing weekend escape, or a dazzling night of live music & entertainment, Thunderbird Resorts – Rizal is the perfect destination for you and your family.


1 Presidential Suite
28 Superior Rooms
14 Deluxe Rooms

Room Furnishings

Private balcony
Safety deposit box

Audible smoke detectors
Electronic door locks
110/220 voltage outlets

Bathroom Features

Glass-encased showers
Complete bathroom amenities

Check In: 2 PM
Check Out: 12 PM


Complimentary Services
Welcome drink
Wireless hi-speed internet access
Home theater system
Satellite/cable color TV
Butler service
Shuttle Service

Daily newspaper
Bathrobes and slippers
Shoeshine kit
Laundry basket
Bassinette/baby crib

Golf reservations
IDD/NDD telephone service

24-hour room service
Massage service
Laundry & pressing services

Guest Amenities

Infinity pool
Outdoor jacuzzi
Meditation nooks
Jogging paths
Internet kiosk at the lobby
24-hour security
Ample parking space

For Children

Kiddie playgroundAdditional bedsSecretarial AssistanceCoffee station
Board games


Corporate Events
Board meetings
Company socials
Team-building seminars
Strategic planning sessions

Special Occasions

Children's parties
Reunions & homecomings





All major credit cards are accepted.

For bookings, email:

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mount Tagapo a.k.a. Susong Dalaga

Mount Tagapo in Barangay Sapang is the highest peak of Talim Island. It is formerly known as Susong Dalaga since the 200 meter-high mountain is shaped like a virgin’s breast.

A trek to this mountain challenges the grit, perseverance, and physical stamina of hikers. But once they are at the top, a rewarding feeling of “being high” comes by looking at the scenic Laguna Lake and its pristine surroundings.

Talim Island

Talim Island is the island where the 17 coastal barangays of the municipality of Binangonan are located. These barangays are situated along the shores of Laguna de Bay where fishing is a thriving industry.

How to get there:
It is accessible by an outrigger boat from the Pritil Wharf.
It takes an hour and a half to reach the last of the coastal barangays.

Travel time:
90 minutes by boat

Vicente Manansala Historical Shrine

Declared by the National Historical Institute as a historical landmark in June, 1978, Vicente Manansala Historical Shrine now houses the memorabilia of national artist Vicente Manansala. It also features some of his well-preserved original paintings and paraphernalia.

No. 73 Gloria St.
San Carlos Heights Subd.
Tayuman, Binangonan, Rizal

How to get there:
Take a tricycle from the second gate of San Carlos Heights Subdivision.

Sta. Ursula Parish (1621)

The parish of Binangonan, whose patron saint is Sta. Ursula, was founded in 1621. In 1679, its administration was handed over to the Jesuits, who in 1697 transferred administration to the Augustinians. In 1737, Binangonan returned to the administration of the Franciscans who had founded it in the first place.

The church was built from 1792-1800, renovated in 1853. At the same time, the adjacent convento was rebuilt, under Fr. Francisco de Paula Gomez.

While the church’s historical structure remains, it is greatly renovated.

Mahal na Araw sa Binangonan

ENCARGADOS de BINANGONAN is an association of religious image owners in Binangonan. It aims to help strengthen the Catholic faith of the townfolks and to support the local tourism through the annual retrospective of important and century-old religious images. They organize and coordinate the Holy Week Processions; sponsor the traditional "Pasyong Mahal" or the chanting of the agony, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ during Holy Thursday.


The Giwang-giwang is a re-enactment of the funeral of Jesus Christ through a procession on Good Friday. Due to the influx of tourists, devotees try to touch the Sepulcro or sepulcher making it sway, hence, its local translation, the term Giwang-giwang. People searching for an amulet or anting-anting join this yearly religious activity.

Ang Krus sa Kalbaryo

The Cross is known not only for its religious significance, but also for its historical value. According to old folks, a cross-shaped rock suddenly grew out of the summit, but it was destroyed by lightning and earthquake. Then in 1873, the people erected on the same spot, a wooden cross in place of the original cross. A chapel was built on top of a hill overlooking Laguna in due respect for the cross.

Barangay Libid, Binangonan, Rizal

How to get there:
From the town proper, the top of the Kalbaryo is just a walking distance.

Travel time:
30-minute walk

Angono Petroglyphs

Discovered in 1965 by national artist and acclaimed muralist Carlos “Botong” Francisco from Angono, this cultural heritage site dates back to circa 3000 B.C. and is the most ancient Filipino, or more aptly, prehistoric Filipino work of art. The site is famous for its rock engravings, 127 drawings of human and animal figures. Previous archaeological finds yielded fragments of earthenware, obsidian flakes, and shells.

The Angono Petroglyphs site has been included in the World’s Inventory of the Rock Art, through the auspices of UNESCO, ICCROM, and ICOMOS. It has been declared as a national cultural treasure by virtue of Presidential Decree 260 in 1996.

It received the greatest recognition as a nominee for the “100 Most Endangered Sites of the World” by the World Monument Watch List. The preservation and development of the Petroglyphs is a collective effort of the National Museum of the Philippines, World Monument Watch Fund, American Express International, the Department of Tourism, and Antipolo Properties, Inc.